Knee replacement surgery in India involves replacing the weakened cartilage and bone on the top of the knee joint with artificial materials. Except for children whose bones are still developing, this operation is performed on people of all ages. The fibula – the lower leg bones – and the femur – the hip bone and the tibia – form a hinge in the knee. Owing to arthritis or other disorders, the articulating surfaces of these bones wear out over time, causing discomfort and swelling.
Many people who are considering surgery are curious about the cost of knee replacement surgery in India. The interpreted cost of knee replacement surgery in India is between USD 2k and 3.1k. Best Knee Replacement Surgeons in India conduct knee replacement surgery using the latest modern technologies for accurate implant placement that lasts a lifetime.
Knee replacement surgery in India is very affordable, the approximate cost of a simple knee replacement surgery starts at USD 2k. Cost is another aspect that affects the procedure’s success rate; for example, if the surgery costs less, you will not have any of the medical services, and the quality of the implant may be relatively lower to minimise the cost of surgery; but, in India, if you pay less, you will still get a very high success rate, and the quality of life may undoubtedly improve for the next 10 to 15 years.
Knee replacement surgery success rates range from one patient to the next. It is determined by a variety of factors, including the nature of the implants, the orthopaedic surgeon’s expertise, the patient’s age, the extent and form of physical operation, and so on.
The patient’s favourite hospital, since there are many hospitals in several Indian metro cities that conduct this surgery. The more comfortable and high-quality hospital a patient prefers, the greater the cost would be.
- The amount of nights spent in a room – standard, deluxe, or super-deluxe – can affect the cost.
- ICU monitoring is needed in the operating room.
- Surgeons, anaesthetists, physiotherapists, and dieticians are among the physicians on the staff. This fee varies depending on the doctor.
- Sessions of Physiotherapy
- Diagnostic technique and standard exam
- Depending on the care choice.
- Both knees / single knee
- The implant is used, and it is either a US FDA-approved implant or an Indian implant.
The best knee surgery hospitals in India are enthusiastic about addressing the particular needs of their patients, whether it’s by the use of cutting-edge equipment or doing the latest cutting-edge operations, all in one convenient venue. These hospitals give their patients the best outcomes in the shortest amount of time.
In India, private sector hospitals are true centres of excellence, renowned for offering world-class healthcare, state-of-the-art facilities, and the highest degree of medical competence. The nursing team at these clinics are qualified to provide the best possible treatment to their patients, and a rehabilitation nurse will start working with you straight away to create a tailored rehabilitation schedule that will get you back on the road to recovery quickly.
The following are the primary reasons why Knee Surgery hospitals in India are becoming such a popular destination for foreigners:
- Commercial medical services of outstanding quality
- The English language is commonly used.
- A significant number of physicians and surgeons returned from the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Top and globally recognised Knee Surgery clinics are based in the following Indian cities: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kerala, Delhi, Pune, Goa, Bangalore, Nagpur, Jaipur, Chennai, Gurgaon and Chandigarh.
The hospital is one of the best in the private sector, with the greatest number of patients from all over the world. It provides international-standard care with limited invasion and fast recovery.
- Total knee replacement, hip resurfacing, hip replacement surgery, unicondylar knee replacement, and replacement of shoulder and elbow joints are all offered by a team of India’s best orthopedists.
- In addition to deformity correction, the centre is well-equipped to perform all forms of limb rescue and bone tumour surgeries.
- The orthopaedic team’s efforts have been accepted by ISAKOS (International Society of Arthroscopic knee surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine).
- Under the supervision of Dr. Deepak Chaudhary, the centre has completed over 12,000 complex arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgeries, the largest number of surgeries conducted at one centre in the world.
Apollo is the best hospital in Bangalore, India, providing the best healthcare facilities for foreign patients. Apollo Hospitals was named the second best multi-specialty hospital in Bangalore in a Best Hospital Survey conducted by THE Week-A C Nielsen in 2013.
- The orthopaedic department is fitted with cutting-edge equipment to treat people with various fractures; for example, a broken pelvis can be healed in the hospital in just one day.
- The Apollo Institute is Asia’s first centre to have robotic spine surgery and recovery.
- In India, it is the first to provide complete knee replacement.
- In addition, it was the first hospital in India to perform the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing operation.
- In India, hip resurfacing has a nearly 99 percent success rate.
Fortis is the world’s fastest-growing healthcare provider, with cutting-edge technologies and cutting-edge hospital services. Dr. Parvinder Singh, the late founder of the Fortis brand, founded it in 1996. Since then, Fortis has gained a reputation for offering the finest quality services and service to its patients all around the world.
- The hospital is recognised around the world for its experience in conducting minimally invasive orthopaedic procedures, which result in reduced discomfort, less scarring, and quicker recovery.
- Arthritis, hip replacement, knee joint replacement, revision joint replacement, spinal operations such as disc herniation, shoulder fractures, musculoskeletal & bone cancers, trauma, and infant surgeries are the department’s primary concern.
- Elekta Axesse for Radiation Therapy, 3-Tesla Digital MRI: World’s First Broadband MRI, and other cutting-edge developments are available at the centre.
Max Hospital has established itself as one of India’s leading medical hospitality providers. The Max Super Specialty Hospital Saket in New Delhi, which opened in 2006, is one of the many hospitals established under the Max Healthcare brand, which has made a name for itself in the healthcare world not only in India but around the world.
- Amongst the best orthopaedic hospitals in the country, with cutting-edge diagnostic equipment including 256 Slice CT Angio, 3.0 Tesla optical broadband MRI, electrophysiology navigation, and a flat panel C-Arm scanner.
- Joint replacement replacements, traumatic orthopaedic surgery, hip surgery, articular surface replacement surgery, foot & ankle surgery, and other complex operations are regularly conducted with rapid rehabilitation and healing.
- Dr. Gyan Sagar Tucker has worked at the hospital as an orthopaedic surgeon for many years.
- He is India’s top orthopaedic surgeon, with 27 years of experience and a particular interest in complicated fracture treatment, slipped disc surgery, and spinal trauma.
Manipal Hospital Whitefield’s Department of Orthopaedics is a Center of Excellence in every way. If it’s a minor fracture or a fall-related injury, the team of orthopaedic doctors and surgeons in Bangalore is always ready to offer the best care possible using the most up-to-date equipment and technology to handle all types of orthopaedic problems and get you back to normal as soon as possible.
- The inpatient clinic at Manipal Hospital Whitefield has 284 beds.
- It has also been awarded the AAHRPP Accreditation (Association for the Accreditation of the Human Research Protection Programs).
- Consumer Voice has called the hospital the Most Customer Recommended Hospital in India.
- The Week Magazine has named it Bangalore’s Best Hospital over the past eight years.
Experience: 16 years
Specialization: Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine, Hip Surgery, Knee Surgery
Dr. Subhash Jangid has more than 16 years of experience as an orthopaedic and joint replacement surgeon. Currently, he completes over 500 joint replacement surgeries each year.
He won first prize in the category of case presentation (DOACON 2003), Best award for Poster presentation (POSICON 2002), Young Achievers Award by Rajasthan Mitra Parishad (Jodhpur, 2006), First prize in the case presentation category, A A Mehta Gold medal for Best Paper on PVP at IOACON, Gold medal for excellent success in MS (Orthopedics), Young Achievers Award by Rajasthan Mitra Parishad (Jodhpur, 2006), Young Achievers.
Experience: 25 years
Dr. I.P.S. Oberoi is one of India’s finest knee, hip, and arthroscopic surgeons, specialised in all forms of arthroscopic and joint replacement surgery. Has completed over 7000 joint replacements with a performance rate of 97 percent. One of the country’s few surgeons who has been qualified to perform arthroscopic surgery on a labral tear in the thigh. Arthroscopic Surgery for Hip Labral Tear, Arthroscopic Surgery for Athletic Fractures, Arthroscopic Surgery for ACL/PCL, and Arthroscopic Surgery for Meniscus Replacement are some of his special ties. Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedics, Joint Replacement Surgery, and Arthroscopy are his areas of expertise.
Experience: 22 years
Specialization: Adult reconstructive orthopaedic, joint replacements, tumour and musculoskeletal problems in post polio and cerebral palsy.
Dr. Hemant Sharma is a qualified Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and has more than 22 years of experience in the field of orthopaedic surgery (10 years in India and 12 years in England). Dr. Sharma graduated from PGIMS Rohtak in 1994 and received his higher orthopaedic and trauma training in India and England, as well as specialty training through a series of fellowships in the United Kingdom. Daily presence as a delegate and faculty member at national and foreign meetings continues this education.
Experience: 20+ years
Specialization: Hip surgery, knee surgery
Dr. Jatinder Bir Singh Jaggi is an expert in Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement. He has more than 20 years of experience in India and abroad in trauma and orthopaedics. Trained in arthroplasty, especially hip and knee arthroplasty, as well as sports injuries. Lower limb joint replacement surgery is his specialisation. Main and reconstruction hip and knee replacement, complex trauma and elective orthopaedic surgery, and joint preservation surgery (lower limb) are only a couple of the procedures available.
Experience: 38 years
Specialization: Orthopedist, Spine Surgeon, Spine And Pain Specialist, Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr. Harshavardhan Hegde is a well-known orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in joint replacement and spinal surgery. Dr. Hegde has over 29 years of experience and is a graduate of Baroda Medical College, as well as a postgraduate from the same university. He obtained his ATLS (Advanced Shock & Life Support) qualification from Norwich University in the United Kingdom, as well as a Spine fellowship from Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital in the United Kingdom. Dr. Harshavardhan Hegde is a multifaceted Orthopaedic surgeon with vast experience in all facets of the field.
Over time, an increasing number of foreign patients have begun to migrate to India for knee replacement surgery. They can find not just the best hospitals in India, but also the best knee replacement surgeons in India who can supply you with world-class knee arthroplasty, Knee Replacement (TKR) surgical care, and the cheapest knee replacement surgery in India.
Knee replacement surgery is among the most cost-effective procedures available. This is regardless of the fact that the best hospitals in India for knee replacement surgery have the same high-quality patient facilities and treatment as some of the world’s best-known orthopaedic hospitals in countries with higher costs than India.
Knee replacement surgery is regarded as a new surgical marvel. The majority of orthopaedic experts believe that knee replacement is the only way to treat inflammation of the knee. Hundreds of thousands of Indians have been able to get back on their feet. Thanks to knee replacements, allowing them to spend their golden years.
The presence of best hospitals for knee replacement surgery in India, low surgery rates, strategic access, no language barrier, tourism choices, and many other factors all lead to a significant number of patients coming to India for knee replacement surgery from these countries.
In comparison to the West, India’s cost of living and currency rate are relatively low. India also leads in providing care for all medical problems at a low cost and with a high level of reliability.
The price of the partial knee replacement surgery is lower since only the injured part of your knee is removed, either the internal or outer part. The cost of partial knee replacement surgery in India varies from USD 2k to 3.2k.
For patients seeking a low-cost knee replacement treatment, India is the preferred choice. The price of the knee replacement surgery in India is usually a fraction of what it costs in the United States and other developed countries for the same treatment and care. The cost varies based on the type of operation performed, the type of implant used, the surgeon’s surgical experience, and the patient’s other medical conditions.
India is on par with Singapore in terms of healthcare quality, due to its world-class hospitals and clinics, cutting-edge medical equipment, and, most notably, world-class best knee replacement surgeons and physicians, which it has in larger numbers than any other international healthcare provider.