Prostate cancer Specialist in Delhi, India
The prostate is a small walnut size gland found only in men located between the bladder and the penis. The function of prostate is to produce a thick, white fluid which is a component of sperm. The cause of prostate cancer is dependent upon the growth and function of the cells. When the cells in the prostate gland grow abnormally which causes the beginning of cancer. These abnormal cells continue to divide and spread the cancer.
There are various treatment options available for patients with prostate cancer depending on the type, stage and grade at which the cancer has been diagnosed. Numerous Prostate cancer specialists in India
are handling a large number of patients daily and treating them with effective treatment options available. Some of the prostate cancer specialist in India and Delhi are listed below who has various expertise related to renal, urology and as a radiation oncologist.
- Dr. Vedant Kabra – Senior Prostate Oncologist with more than 21 years’ experience is working at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Dr. Vikram Barua Kaushik with over 25 years of experience in Urology and Renal Transplantation is working as a consultant at Artemis Hospital, New Delhi.
The primary medical treatment available for advanced prostate cancer is hormonal therapy. But when the hormonal therapy is no longer able to control the cancer then the treatment available is prostate cancer chemotherapy. Chemotherapy drugs used in Prostate cancer has the advantage of targeting the prostate cancer cells through a very different mechanism than hormonal therapy.
Treatment through prostate cancer chemotherapy directly kills the cancer cells without any regard to hormonal status. Chemotherapy is given intravenously through an I.V typically over 30-60 minutes every 21 days/every 3 weeks which is called a cycle.
Prostate cancer is one of the most commonly occurring cancers in the men. The trend has been that it was more common in the western countries, but now this is beginning to be seen in India as well, and this is largely to do with the fact that there are more people being screened for prostate cancer every day. However, in today’s scenario due to awareness and availability of numerous prostate cancer oncologists in India, the disease has become easy to fight and not all patients die of the disease and also not all patients need aggressive treatment. Some of the eminent prostate oncologist in India is mentioned below:
- Dr. Anupam Bhargava , working as a urology consultant at
Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi.
- Dr. Harit Chaturvedi who is a surgical oncologist at Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi is a pioneer in treating all the problems related to prostate cancer.
Best hospital list for prostate cancer in India
India is a developing country and has many hospitals that offer state-of-the-art infrastructure and an updated technology to provide the patients with ultimate care. Below is the list of hospitals that offers best medical care.
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Max Healthcare, Delhi
- BLK Hospital, New Delhi
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon.
All the above hospitals listed have a great team of qualified doctors available for the treatment of patients suffering from prostate cancer and other diseases and provide emergency services around the clock. All the Staff members are experienced and skilled professionals that make sure patients are given the best of medical care.
- Prostate cancer specialist in India/delhi
- Prostate cancer chemotherapy
- Prostate oncologist in India
- Best hospital list for prostate cancer in india
- Radiation oncologist